STOP EMINENT DOMAIN & TIF ABUSE
SIGN THE PETITION ASKING FOR A PUBLIC VOTE ON
CITY ORDINANCE 68485
Paul McKee's North Side Project
Why You Should Sign The Referendum Petition Against Ordinance 68485:
Signing the referendum Petition Against Ordinance 68485 will give St. Louis voters the opportunity on February 2, 2010 at a special election to repeal the Ordinance passed by the St. Louis Board of Aldermen in October 2009.
Ordinance 68485 designated about two square miles (1,500 acres) of north St. Louis as "blighted". As a result, for the next 23 years the Board of Alderman can use eminient domain to take property they want in that area to give to Paul McKee or other developers.
Ordinance 68485 committed the City to giving $391million of future tax revenue to Paul McKee and other developers.
To Help Gather Signatures or Get Locations Where You Can Sign the Petition:
- Michael Moore, Chairman for a More Responsible St. Louis City Government (CMRSLCG) - (314)821-2701.
- Mark Ogier, Campaign for Liberty (CFL) - (314) 504-0302
- Jim Roos, Missouri Eminent Domain Abuse Coalition (MEDAC) - (314) 771-3509
- Sheila Rendon, North Side Community Benefits Alliance (NSCBA) - (314) 691-3554
- Romana Taylor Williams, Metro St. Louis Coalition for Inclusion & Equity (M-SLICE) - (314) 769-9771
Who Can Sign The Petition:
Individuals must be registered voters in the City of St. Louis to sign the petition.
How Do I Donate To Help the Cause:
If you would like to donate money to help support collecting signatures for the petition:
- By Check - Make Checks Payable to MEDAC. Send checks to MEDAC, 2752 Lafayette, St. Louis, MO 63104
- By Credit Card - Go to Paypal at the link: